Friday, July 4, 2008

Love = force + MEN?

Girls are not made for men.
Actually, I think it’s the other way around.

Before I start this exposition, I extend my apologies to considerate men reading this article. I am sorry but it’s time that girls out there should go back to their senses and see if guys are already living their life and if these girls are being so pathetic obeying their stupid boyfriends’ commands. (as if they are royalties)

I don’t mean to hurt anyone but after seeing how we, girls, have been acting around our guys, it seems as if they are not “our guys” anymore but rather we are “their girls” at present. See the difference?

Let us go back to the time when ladies during the barbaric times of Middle Ages are treated like properties, like attendants who are supposed to obey every command of their gods. Imagine putting this vicious scene in present day. What are we like? Robots?

I guess you can now see what I mean. I am not a man- hater but just a concerned female. And I believe my concerns are quite clear. I prefer women who are able to fight, not physically but emotionally. I fight for women who are strong, who can love and be loved without giving up their desires when they are still single.

Love. Yeah, it, perhaps, is the reason any girl can come up to cover the abusive actions of “their guys”. But come to think of it, if this man really loves you so, just like the way he tells you, will he let his ego go on his way and make you follow everything he tells you? Look at yourself, you lost your friends just because your man has been asking you to follow him everywhere you go; but then, you’ll see him hang out with his friends and you’ll pretend as if you wanted to hang out with these egotistical maniacs just because you wish to be with their master, your boyfriend. Do you really want a relationship that revolves only in him and his friends? What about your own desires?

The worst part of it all is that-- what happens when you gave up everything, your everything, just to be with him; and suddenly, he disappears just like another chapter in your scrapbook that you are willing to throw away but still, you regret to do so since you’ve rendered too much time and wasted too much effort for it. And perhaps, what is much worse than worst is that if he left you hanging, just like an old toy, worn out and lost its charm already.

Prevention is better than cure. It doesn’t mean you have to avoid guys. No, absolutely not. It only implies that before we commit ourselves to a relationship, we must choose and screen our prospects carefully. We must allot ample time before saying the most precious “yes” to them. We must try to see behind his very attractive eyes (sarcasm here.) or cheesy smiles his real personality, whether it be a monster or hopefully, a truly wonderful persona.

Remember that love doesn’t mean following each others’ orders. And abuses work not only for women but in some cases for men also. Love is not selfish. It is always kind. In order to have that lasting relationship, both must learn to compromise and to understand fully each other’s feelings. Love is a two way process. It is dysfunctional if love only works for the benefit of one participant. It is not wrong to love and be loved at a young age, what’s wrong is to love irresponsibly. Just remember, that with privilege comes specific obligations. Love is a privilege. And two lovers are entitled to the fulfillment of their obligations.

I care less about your opinion in my views. My objective is to bring you to your senses, to let you see that you are nothing if you’ll let other people live your life and let them treat you like a doormat, always willing to absorb all their dirt. I have done my part and now it’s your time. It’s your decision to stay what you are right now or do something about your flaws. It’s your choice. I just have only one more thing to remind you…

Love wisely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I fully understand what are you trying to say, I just want to congratulate you for that wonderful article...^^ I'm Angel and I do think the way you think... go girl^^