Friday, July 4, 2008

avarice

I need it.
They may say that I am pretentious,
That I am a fraud,
That I am not real.
I believe I was made to impress
I was made only for triumph.
Inferiority is not for me.

I want it.
I push myself to perfection;
Taking hold of all privileges,
Beating my competitors;
My friends are my enemies;
My enemies are my detractors;
Life is a battlefield.

I got it.
Victory, indeed, was my destiny;
I beat all odds,
Put my enemies at rest,
Silenced my detractors;
I won but still got wounded.

I failed.
I became alone.
My enemies were no longer mine;
They sought a better match.
My detractors fled;
To them, I was of no worth.
My life was not as ideal as I thought it were.

There was no triumph at all;
But only defeat.
The bitter taste of fate
That no change could change,
No improvement could improve.
Time runs forward;
There is no turning back.
I guess I was wrong;
“It” was not what I wanted after all.

No comments: